Last modiﬁed: 30 June 2020
We want you to understand who you are sharing your information with, what kind of information we are collecting and how we use the information
The Protection of Personal Information Act protects you
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) is aimed at protecting your personal information and prescribes what we must and must not do with it. POPI created an Information Regulator who checks that companies like Contour Technology manage personal information in a responsible manner.
This notice may change from time to time
From time to time we may have to amend this policy to accommodate changes in our business or services or if legal requirements change. It is your responsibility to check that you have read the latest version.
- When you use any of our products or services;
- When you supply services to us where this involves any personal information;
- As a result of your relationship with our service providers; and/or
- To any information collected from third parties.
What information we collect
Information that you voluntarily provide to us
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for alerts or other materials, perform product registrations; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include current and historical personal information including your name, contact details, title, identiﬁcation, employment, positions held, inquiry/complaint details, addresses.
When you use our online services, we may collect the following:
- Information you provide by completing forms (this includes information you give us, submitting material, requesting services, registering for any of our online products, or subscribing to our services).
- Your name and address.
- Your delivery address (if diﬀerent to above).
- Your contact telephone number in case we need to contact or communicate with you.
- Your credit or debit card number, expiry date, and security code should the particular product require this.
- Information you provide to us if you contact us, for example - to report a problem with our online services or raise a query or comment.
- Where our online services require that you enter a password or other information in order to access certain features, we will collect such credentials when you enter them and safely store them.
We collect information when you contact our call center to respond to your query
When you contact our customer support services, we collect information that helps us to categorize your query, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate and provide a solution. We also use this information to track potential problems and trends to customize our support responses to provide a better service to you. Calls may be recorded for quality control and record-keeping purposes.
We collect information while you use our websites
Every time you connect to our websites we store web server logs which show your IP address (the unique number which your machine uses when it is connected to the Internet), what you looked at, whether the page request was successful or not, and which browser you used to view the pages. The use of this data is strictly for statistical and personalization purposes only. This helps us understand which areas of the site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. It also tells us how many hits and page requests we get.
We use your personal information to provide our products and services to you.
We use your personal information to provide our products and services to you. This includes:
- Processing your payment card details in order to complete any purchase;
- Processing your requests for products and services;
- Delivering products that you purchase;
- When we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information.
We need your personal information if you apply for credit
We use your personal information to process your application for our services, this includes checking your identity, credit status, contact details, and ﬁnancial track record. We also need personal information to send statements and other legal documents and collect payments you owe us.
Sharing your information
Your privacy is important to us, which is why it is our policy not to share your personal information with other companies. In particular, we will never sell your personal information. We will not provide any of your information to any entity, unless for the following reasons:
- We only share your personal information with companies that help us to provide our services to you and who have agreed to keep your information secure and to only use it for authorized purposes.
- We use suppliers or service providers who we trust to provide services to us and sometimes that involves sharing your information with them. They operate under strict requirements aimed at keeping your personal information secure and conﬁdential and they will only use it for the purpose for which we have sent it to them.
- We share your personal information with our bank and the other issuers of payment cards you use.
- To governmental, judicial, regulatory, and law enforcement bodies and agencies, including any credit regulator.
You have the right to know what personal information we have about you, to correct it and to opt-out of any marketing
You have the right to:
- Ask what personal information we hold about you;
- Ask what information was sent to our service providers or any other third party;
- Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;
- Unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you;
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
Some of your information is available online
We take your privacy and the security of your personal information seriously
We have implemented reasonable security safeguards to protect the personal information that you give us. For example, sensitive data (such as your credit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our website. You can play a role in protecting your information by never sharing your username, PIN, or password with anyone or submitting it to a website you don’t recognize. Always log oﬀ after a web session and change your password regularly. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. No system is perfect so we cannot guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please note that any email you send to us is not encrypted and may be monitored by us. Please do not send us sensitive or conﬁdential personal information by email.
We will inform you if your privacy is ever compromised
Although we cannot prevent all security threats, we have measures in place to minimize the threat to your privacy. We will let you know of any breaches which aﬀect your personal information.